Compiled by the bank’s equity research department, the report highlights 25 stocks that are expected to grow strongly, independent of global economic conditions.
Morgan Stanley has also issued a report in conjunction with the growth list that identifies 25 "Secularly Challenged Stocks," all of which carry an underweight rating from the bank’s analysts.
The firm’s equity strategy team sees 2019 as a continuation of cyclical consolidation in the middle of a secular bull market. They expect next year to be "characterized by disappointing growth and a much narrower range of valuation," according to the note. "They see a major leadership change from Growth to Value occurring that could last longer than most appreciate.
25 Secular Growth Stocks
- Tech/Internet/Media: Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE ), Alphabet, Amazon, Atlassian, Booking (NASDAQ: BKNG ), Expedia (NASDAQ: EXPE ), Netflix, Palo Alto Networks, Pluralsight, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Veeva, Workday
- Health care: BioMarin, Illumina (NASDAQ: ILMN ), Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ: ISRG ), Iqvia, National Vision, Regeneron, Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX ) Pharma, Zoetis
- Finance: Assurant (NYSE: AIZ ), Mastercard (NYSE: MA ), Visa (NYSE: V )
- Consumer: Ulta Beauty
25 Secularly Challenged Stocks
- Consumer: Abercrombie & Fitch, Bed Bath, JM Smucker, Kohl’s, Kraft Heinz (NASDAQ: KHC ), Macy’s, United Natural Foods
- Tech/Internet/Media: Citrix Systems (NASDAQ: CTXS ), Fitbit, Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR ), MSG Networks
- Finance: Franklin Resources (NYSE: BEN ), Waddell & Reed, Western Union
- Health care: Allscripts, Henry Schein (NASDAQ: HSIC ), Patterson Companies (NASDAQ: PDCO )
- Transports/Autos: Avis, C.H. Robinson, Hertz, Tenneco, UPS
- Energy: EQT Corp (NYSE: EQT )., Seaspan, Southern (NYSE: SO ) Co.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.