At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 fell 0.49%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Chiyoda Corp. (T: 6366 ), which rose 2.61% or 7.0 points to trade at 275.0 at the close. Panasonic Corp (T: 6752 ) added 2.28% or 23.0 points to end at 1032.0 and Yokogawa Electric Corp. (T: 6841 ) was up 2.25% or 44.0 points to 2003.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Taiheiyo Cement Corp. (T: 5233 ), which lost 3.06% or 100.0 points to trade at 3165.0 in late trade. Fukuoka Financial Group, Inc. (T: 8354 ) declined 3.02% or 65.0 points to end at 2085.0 and Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. (T: 7012 ) shed 2.38% or 60.0 points to 2458.0.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1899 to 1563 and 298 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was unchanged 0.00% to 14.19.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was up 0.02% or 0.01 to $58.12 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February fell 0.24% or 0.15 to hit $63.12 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.26% or 3.75 to trade at $1464.55 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was up 0.00% to 109.50, while EUR/JPY rose 0.02% to 120.56.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.00% at 98.285.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.