At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 lost 0.45%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Toho Zinc Co., Ltd. (T: 5707 ), which rose 8.45% or 440.0 points to trade at 5650.0 at the close. Takara Holdings Inc. (T: 2531 ) added 5.89% or 63.0 points to end at 1133.0 and Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd. (T: 4005 ) was up 4.24% or 32.0 points to 786.5 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dentsu Inc. (T: 4324 ), which lost 4.10% or 205.0 points to trade at 4795.0 in late trade. DeNA Co Ltd (T: 2432 ) declined 3.48% or 92.0 points to end at 2554.0 and Nippon Meat Packers, Inc. (T: 2282 ) shed 3.15% or 105.0 points to 3225.0.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2159 to 1131 and 213 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was up 1.57% to 14.90.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for December delivery was down 0.46% or 0.24 to $52.23 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 0.22% or 0.13 to hit $58.20 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.28% or 3.56 to trade at $1274.74 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was unchanged 0.00% to 113.91, while EUR/JPY rose 0.11% to 134.06.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 93.78.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.