At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 added 0.10% to hit a new 6-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd. (T: 6976 ), which rose 6.10% or 77.0 points to trade at 1339.0 at the close. Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (T: 7211 ) added 5.15% or 32.0 points to end at 653.5 and NSK Ltd. (T: 6471 ) was up 3.02% or 41.0 points to 1400.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included IHI Corp. (T: 7013 ), which lost 3.77% or 13.0 points to trade at 331.5 in late trade. Haseko Corp (T: 1808 ) declined 3.60% or 44.0 points to end at 1177.5 and JX Holdings, Inc. (T: 5020 ) shed 2.79% or 14.4 points to 501.5.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1623 to 1357 and 363 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was down 2.53% to 18.08.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was down 0.16% or 0.08 to $50.96 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February rose 0.04% or 0.02 to hit $53.92 a barrel, while the February Gold contract fell 1.81% or 21.10 to trade at $1142.60 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was up 0.52% to 117.64, while EUR/JPY rose 0.10% to 123.41.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.38% at 102.42.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.