At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 gained 0.08%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were The Kansai Electric Power Co. (T: 9503 ), which rose 8.22% or 105.5 points to trade at 1388.5 at the close. Tokuyama Corp. (T: 4043 ) added 4.97% or 27.0 points to end at 570.0 and IHI Corp. (T: 7013 ) was up 4.83% or 16.5 points to 358.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Ube Industries, Ltd. (T: 4208 ), which lost 2.97% or 8.0 points to trade at 261.0 in late trade. Sony Financial Holdings Inc. (T: 8729 ) declined 2.87% or 54.0 points to end at 1825.0 and Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd. (T: 3863 ) shed 2.86% or 61.0 points to 2073.0.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1745 to 1363 and 244 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was down 9.27% to 17.92.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 0.83% or 0.40 to $48.77 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 0.74% or 0.38 to hit $51.80 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.43% or 5.45 to trade at $1250.15 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was down 0.06% to 111.09, while EUR/JPY fell 0.30% to 119.80.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 99.72.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.