At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 gained 0.97%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Olympus Corp. (T: 7733 ), which rose 9.88% or 360.0 points to trade at 4005.0 at the close. Hitachi Ltd (T: 6501 ) added 8.64% or 266.0 points to end at 3346.0 and Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. (T: 9983 ) was up 6.19% or 3220.0 points to 55280.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aeon Co., Ltd. (T: 8267 ), which lost 4.39% or 96.5 points to trade at 2100.5 in late trade. Nippon Express Co., Ltd. (T: 9062 ) declined 3.58% or 230.0 points to end at 6190.0 and Yamaha Corp. (T: 7951 ) shed 3.49% or 165.0 points to 4560.0.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1972 to 1506 and 222 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was up 4.89% to 24.44.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was up 0.89% or 0.47 to $53.06 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March rose 0.66% or 0.41 to hit $62.09 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.50% or 6.40 to trade at $1293.80 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was down 0.15% to 108.25, while EUR/JPY rose 0.09% to 124.77.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.19% at 94.940.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.