At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 added 0.26% to hit a new 52-week high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Terumo Corp. (T: 4543 ), which rose 13.44% or 476.0 points to trade at 4018.0 at the close. Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd. (T: 3099 ) added 11.69% or 107.0 points to end at 1022.0 and Kirin Holdings Co., Ltd. (T: 2503 ) was up 9.55% or 219.5 points to 2518.5 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Shiseido Co., Ltd. (T: 4911 ), which lost 8.34% or 748.0 points to trade at 8218.0 in late trade. Rakuten Inc (T: 4755 ) declined 4.50% or 48.0 points to end at 1018.0 and Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd. (T: 6976 ) shed 3.32% or 100.0 points to 2910.0.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1819 to 1696 and 256 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was unchanged 0.00% to 14.33.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for December delivery was down 0.84% or 0.48 to $56.67 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in January fell 0.64% or 0.40 to hit $61.89 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.24% or 3.55 to trade at $1469.95 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was up 0.01% to 109.28, while EUR/JPY rose 0.04% to 120.77.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.02% at 97.970.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.