At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 rose 0.24% to hit a new 3-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Chiyoda Corp. (T: 6366 ), which rose 15.50% or 51.0 points to trade at 380.0 at the close. KDDI Corp. (T: 9433 ) added 5.85% or 139.5 points to end at 2524.5 and NTT Docomo, Inc. (T: 9437 ) was up 3.56% or 82.0 points to 2386.5 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co Ltd (T: 4506 ), which lost 3.73% or 95.0 points to trade at 2449.0 in late trade. Oji Holdings Corp. (T: 3861 ) declined 3.27% or 23.0 points to end at 681.0 and Sony Financial Holdings Inc. (T: 8729 ) shed 2.15% or 51.0 points to 2323.0.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2051 to 1400 and 252 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was down 2.31% to 15.24 a new 6-month low.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was down 0.09% or 0.06 to $63.34 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June fell 0.25% or 0.18 to hit $71.00 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract fell 0.24% or 3.15 to trade at $1288.15 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was down 0.10% to 111.92, while EUR/JPY fell 0.09% to 126.56.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 96.562.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.