At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 gained 0.09%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Toppan Printing Co., Ltd. (T: 7911 ), which rose 4.68% or 77.0 points to trade at 1723.0 at the close. Toray Industries, Inc. (T: 3402 ) added 4.33% or 37.4 points to end at 901.0 and Yaskawa Electric Corp. (T: 6506 ) was up 3.56% or 115.0 points to 3345.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Mitsui Mining and Smelting Co. (T: 5706 ), which lost 18.00% or 568.0 points to trade at 2587.0 in late trade. Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd. (T: 6976 ) declined 11.12% or 291.0 points to end at 2325.0 and Citizen Holdings Co., Ltd. (T: 7762 ) shed 7.07% or 48.0 points to 631.0.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2024 to 1480 and 201 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was down 2.22% to 20.68.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for December delivery was up 1.43% or 0.86 to $61.05 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in January rose 2.01% or 1.41 to hit $71.59 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.22% or 2.60 to trade at $1206.00 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was up 0.22% to 114.07, while EUR/JPY fell 0.42% to 128.33.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.63% at 97.34.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.