At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 gained 0.24%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Amplifon (MI: AMPF ), which rose 5.46% or 0.810 points to trade at 15.650 at the close. FinecoBank Banca Fineco SpA (MI: FBK ) added 4.20% or 0.38 points to end at 9.38 and Freni Brembo SpA (MI: BRBI ) was up 3.73% or 0.34 points to 9.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bper Banca SpA (MI: EMII ), which lost 2.20% or 0.075 points to trade at 3.330 in late trade. Unione di Banche Italiane SpA (MI: UBI ) declined 1.98% or 0.0520 points to end at 2.5800 and Banco Bpm SpA (MI: BAMI ) shed 1.85% or 0.038 points to 2.021.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 223 to 143 and 31 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was up 2.51% or 1.22 to $49.74 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March rose 2.27% or 1.30 to hit $58.63 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.19% or 2.45 to trade at $1287.45 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.19% to 1.1452, while EUR/GBP rose 0.31% to 0.9004.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 95.422.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.