Feb 14 (Reuters) - India's Oil and Natural Gas Corp ONGC.NS on Thursday posted a 64.8 percent jump in third-quarter profit, handily beating analysts estimates, boosted by higher revenue from offshore operations.
ONGC's profit stood at 82.63 billion rupees ($1.16 billion) in the quarter ended Dec. 31, compared with 50.15 billion rupees a year earlier, the oil and gas explorer said in a stock exchange filing https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/c0026d65-ba71-4e02-8001-376898a4d9c3.pdf.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of 73.71 billion rupees, according to Refinitiv data.
Revenue from operations climbed over 20 percent to 276.94 billion rupees, while revenue from offshore operations rose 19.1 percent, ONGC said. ($1 = 71.1580 Indian rupees)
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.