Investing.com – India equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Capital Goods , Real Estate and Fast Moving Consumer Goods sectors led shares higher while losses in the Healthcare , Banking and Green Energy sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P CNX Nifty were Larsen & Toubro Limited (NSE: LART ), which rose 3.09% or 51.10 points to trade at 1705.55 at the close. Reliance Industries Ltd (NSE: RELI ) added 2.88% or 25.25 points to end at 902.25 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NSE: MRTI ) was up 2.57% or 97.15 points to 3882.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NSE: SUN ), which fell 9.16% or 88.45 points to trade at 877.65 in late trade. HCL Technologies Ltd (NSE: HCLT ) declined 3.71% or 37.45 points to end at 973.30 and Lupin Ltd (NSE: LUPN ) down 2.25% or 41.20 points to 1792.05.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Larsen & Toubro Limited (BO: LART ) which rose 3.03% to 1705.50, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was up 2.76% to settle at 901.35 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which gained 2.31% to close at 879.70.
The worst performers were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 8.99% to 878.95 in late trade, Bharti Airtel Ltd. (BO: BRTI ) which lost 2.12% to settle at 416.30 and Tata Motors Ltd. (BO: TAMO ) which was down 1.96% to 472.15 at the close.
Falling stocks outnumbered advancing ones by 815 to 624 and 8 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 415 fell and 313 advanced, while 1 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
Shares in Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NSE: MRTI ) rose to all time highs; rising 2.57% or 97.15 to 3882.85.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of S&P CNX Nifty options, was up 1.53% to 16.9125.
Gold for August delivery was down 0.34% or 4.10 to $1185.70 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.17% or 0.70 to hit $59.59 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 1.13% or 0.74 to trade at $64.82 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.47% at 97.40.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.