The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P CNX Nifty were Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NSE: BRTI ), which rose 0.81% or 3.15 points to trade at 390.20 at the close. Tech Mahindra Limited (NSE: TEML ) fell 0.17% or 1.05 points to end at 608.90 and Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NSE: ZEE ) was down 0.98% or 3.10 points to 312.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Jindal Steel & Power Ltd (NSE: JNSP ), which fell 8.08% or 11.85 points to trade at 134.85 in late trade. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (NSE: BHEL ) declined 6.30% or 15.45 points to end at 229.70 and DLF LIMITED (NSE: DLF ) down 5.53% or 7.70 points to 131.60.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bharti Airtel Ltd. (BO: BRTI ) which rose 0.80% to 389.95, Hindalco Industries Ltd. (BO: HALC ) which was down 1.25% to settle at 137.70 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which lost 1.31% to close at 879.25.
The worst performers were Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BO: BHEL ) which was down 6.21% to 229.55 in late trade, ICICI Bank Ltd. (BO: ICBK ) which lost 4.95% to settle at 312.10 and Larsen & Toubro Limited (BO: LART ) which was down 4.68% to 1564.65 at the close.
Falling stocks outnumbered advancing ones by 1262 to 162 and 13 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 623 fell and 66 advanced, while 1 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of S&P CNX Nifty options, was up 13.27% to 19.6700 a new 1-month high.
Gold for June delivery was down 0.28% or 3.30 to $1189.90 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 2.56% or 1.54 to hit $61.95 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 2.27% or 1.53 to trade at $69.06 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.35% at 94.94.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.