The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P CNX Nifty were DLF LIMITED (NSE: DLF ), which rose 4.41% or 5.65 points to trade at 133.75 at the close. Ambuja Cements Ltd. (NSE: ABUJ ) added 3.36% or 7.75 points to end at 238.30 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (NSE: AXBK ) was up 3.17% or 16.95 points to 551.95 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NSE: BRTI ), which fell 3.34% or 13.40 points to trade at 387.35 in late trade. ITC Ltd (NSE: ITC ) declined 2.78% or 9.40 points to end at 328.15 and Sesa Sterlite Ltd (NSE: SESA ) down 2.29% or 4.85 points to 207.05.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which rose 3.30% to 552.90, Gail (India) Ltd. (BO: GAIL ) which was up 2.01% to settle at 366.05 and Wipro Ltd. (BO: WIPR ) which gained 1.87% to close at 541.40.
The worst performers were Bharti Airtel Ltd. (BO: BRTI ) which was down 3.32% to 387.50 in late trade, ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which lost 2.76% to settle at 328.20 and Sesa Sterlite Ltd (BO: SESA ) which was down 2.15% to 207.15 at the close.
Rising stocks outnumbered declining ones by 800 to 621 and 10 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 385 rose and 295 declined, while 3 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of S&P CNX Nifty options, was down 1.01% to 17.2350.
Gold for June delivery was down 0.72% or 8.70 to $1205.20 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.66% or 0.38 to hit $56.69 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.31% or 0.20 to trade at $64.44 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.11% at 96.08.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.