The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P CNX Nifty were Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (NSE: TCS ), which rose 3.34% or 82.20 points to trade at 2545.25 at the close. HCL Technologies Ltd (NSE: HCLT ) added 3.32% or 29.60 points to end at 920.75 and ACC Ltd (NSE: ACC ) was up 2.73% or 38.65 points to 1451.95 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bank Of Baroda (NSE: BOB ), which fell 5.37% or 8.70 points to trade at 153.45 in late trade. IDFC LIMITED (NSE: IDFC ) declined 3.97% or 6.40 points to end at 154.80 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NSE: KTKM ) down 3.18% or 43.00 points to 1308.20.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which rose 3.27% to 2543.30, Bajaj Auto Limited (BO: BAJA ) which was up 2.51% to settle at 2071.00 and Coal India Limited (BO: COAL ) which gained 2.21% to close at 360.85.
The worst performers were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 2.95% to 527.60 in late trade, Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which lost 2.94% to settle at 318.70 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was down 2.52% to 3541.10 at the close.
Falling stocks outnumbered advancing ones by 1134 to 279 and 12 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 541 fell and 147 advanced, while 2 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
Shares in Bank Of Baroda (NSE: BOB ) fell to 52-week lows; down 5.37% or 8.70 to 153.45.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of S&P CNX Nifty options, was down 0.10% to 19.6500.
Gold for June delivery was down 0.65% or 7.70 to $1182.60 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.21% or 0.12 to hit $60.80 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.38% or 0.26 to trade at $68.03 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.02% at 94.21.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.