The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P CNX Nifty were Asian Paints Ltd. (NSE: ASPN ), which rose 4.45% or 33.95 points to trade at 796.45 at the close. Punjab National Bank (NSE: PNBK ) added 3.97% or 5.75 points to end at 150.60 and Jindal Steel & Power Ltd (NSE: JNSP ) was up 3.08% or 4.15 points to 138.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Lupin Ltd (NSE: LUPN ), which fell 3.41% or 57.55 points to trade at 1631.95 in late trade. Vedanta Ltd (NSE: VDAN ) declined 1.56% or 3.40 points to end at 214.75 and HCL Technologies Ltd (NSE: HCLT ) down 1.28% or 12.00 points to 925.30.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Hindalco Industries Ltd. (BO: HALC ) which rose 2.92% to 137.40, State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was up 2.37% to settle at 280.65 and Bajaj Auto Limited (BO: BAJA ) which gained 1.87% to close at 2165.00.
The worst performers were Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which was down 1.65% to 214.30 in late trade, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which lost 1.12% to settle at 944.70 and Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was down 1.09% to 1934.55 at the close.
Rising stocks outnumbered declining ones by 840 to 572 and 10 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 414 rose and 280 declined, while 2 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of S&P CNX Nifty options, was up 0.07% to 20.7000 a new 1-month high.
Gold for June delivery was up 0.04% or 0.50 to $1218.70 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.22% or 0.14 to hit $60.63 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.63% or 0.42 to trade at $67.69 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.50% at 93.27.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.