The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P CNX Nifty were Bajaj Auto Limited (NSE: BAJA ), which rose 6.92% or 148.95 points to trade at 2300.30 at the close. Coal India Limited (NSE: COAL ) added 3.42% or 12.35 points to end at 373.70 and Tech Mahindra Limited (NSE: TEML ) was up 2.31% or 14.80 points to 655.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included TATA STEEL LIMITED (NSE: TISC ), which fell 5.27% or 19.05 points to trade at 342.25 in late trade. Vedanta Ltd (NSE: VDAN ) declined 3.26% or 7.05 points to end at 209.00 and Idea Cellular Ltd (NSE: IDEA ) down 2.27% or 4.00 points to 171.90.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bajaj Auto Limited (BO: BAJA ) which rose 6.94% to 2299.75, Coal India Limited (BO: COAL ) which was up 3.51% to settle at 372.70 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which gained 2.19% to close at 570.85.
The worst performers were TATA STEEL LIMITED (BO: TISC ) which was down 5.11% to 342.90 in late trade, Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which lost 3.29% to settle at 208.85 and Cipla Ltd. (BO: CIPL ) which was down 1.98% to 674.40 at the close.
Falling stocks outnumbered advancing ones by 834 to 594 and 15 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 408 fell and 293 advanced on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of S&P CNX Nifty options, was down 1.72% to 17.4125.
Gold for June delivery was up 0.01% or 0.10 to $1208.80 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 1.25% or 0.73 to hit $59.72 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.28% or 0.83 to trade at $65.86 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.51% at 95.16.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.