The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were GAIL Ltd (NS: GAIL ), which rose 1.85% or 2.40 points to trade at 131.90 at the close. Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ) added 0.98% or 11.20 points to end at 1158.25 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ) was up 0.97% or 17.70 points to 1831.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ), which lost 6.25% or 171.05 points to trade at 2568.95 in late trade. Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) declined 4.98% or 6.40 points to end at 122.00 and AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ) shed 4.68% or 31.40 points to 640.45.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which rose 0.84% to 1830.95, Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which was up 0.59% to settle at 1529.45 and Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which gained 0.44% to close at 831.05.
The worst performers were Hero MotoCorp Ltd (BO: HROM ) which was down 6.19% to 2570.05 in late trade, Tata Motors Ltd (BO: TAMO ) which lost 5.13% to settle at 121.95 and Tata Motors Ltd DVR (BO: TAMdv ) which was down 4.66% to 56.25 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1152 to 411 and 73 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1594 fell and 818 advanced, while 136 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 7.12% to 16.0175.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.46% or 6.95 to $1504.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 1.55% or 0.97 to hit $61.70 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 1.58% or 1.09 to trade at $67.93 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.44% to 71.877, while EUR/INR rose 0.62% to 79.2020.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 98.167.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.