The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P CNX Nifty were Tata Motors Ltd. (NSE: TAMO ), which rose 5.24% or 25.60 points to trade at 513.70 at the close. Cipla Ltd. (NSE: CIPL ) added 4.28% or 26.90 points to end at 654.70 and ICICI Bank Ltd. (NSE: ICBK ) was up 4.07% or 12.40 points to 317.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Punjab National Bank (NSE: PNBK ), which fell 6.57% or 10.25 points to trade at 145.70 in late trade. Bank Of Baroda (NSE: BOB ) declined 5.44% or 8.35 points to end at 145.10 and Jindal Steel & Power Ltd (NSE: JNSP ) down 2.45% or 3.35 points to 133.65.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Motors Ltd. (BO: TAMO ) which rose 5.18% to 513.50, ICICI Bank Ltd. (BO: ICBK ) which was up 4.09% to settle at 316.95 and Cipla Ltd. (BO: CIPL ) which gained 4.03% to close at 653.70.
The worst performers were Hero MotoCorp Limited (BO: HROM ) which was down 2.23% to 2301.55 in late trade, Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which lost 0.96% to settle at 315.65 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was down 0.50% to 2530.70 at the close.
Rising stocks outnumbered declining ones by 1099 to 329 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 538 rose and 152 declined, while 2 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
Shares in Bank Of Baroda (NSE: BOB ) fell to 52-week lows; down 5.44% or 8.35 to 145.10.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of S&P CNX Nifty options, was down 2.75% to 19.1100.
Gold for June delivery was up 0.31% or 3.70 to $1185.90 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.35% or 0.20 to hit $59.15 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.03% or 0.02 to trade at $65.52 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.18% at 94.90.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.