The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P CNX Nifty were Bank Of Baroda (NSE: BOB ), which rose 16.95% or 24.60 points to trade at 169.70 at the close. Vedanta Ltd (NSE: VDAN ) added 5.67% or 12.35 points to end at 230.30 and State Bank Of India (NSE: SBI ) was up 5.38% or 14.10 points to 276.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NSE: HLL ), which fell 3.41% or 30.50 points to trade at 864.70 in late trade. DLF LIMITED (NSE: DLF ) declined 2.03% or 2.70 points to end at 130.25 and ITC Ltd (NSE: ITC ) down 0.47% or 1.55 points to 326.45.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which rose 5.44% to 276.05, Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which was up 5.34% to settle at 229.85 and Hero MotoCorp Limited (BO: HROM ) which gained 3.59% to close at 2384.20.
The worst performers were Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which was down 3.34% to 864.70 in late trade, ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which lost 0.53% to settle at 326.30 and Bharti Airtel Ltd. (BO: BRTI ) which was down 0.41% to 396.30 at the close.
Rising stocks outnumbered declining ones by 1013 to 417 and 14 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 502 rose and 186 declined, while 3 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of S&P CNX Nifty options, was down 2.54% to 18.6250.
Gold for June delivery was down 0.28% or 3.30 to $1185.60 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.45% or 0.27 to hit $59.12 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.56% or 0.37 to trade at $65.79 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.24% at 95.14.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.