The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P CNX Nifty were Cipla Ltd. (NSE: CIPL ), which rose 3.82% or 22.55 points to trade at 612.90 at the close. TATA STEEL LIMITED (NSE: TISC ) added 3.60% or 10.60 points to end at 305.05 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NSE: HLL ) was up 3.25% or 27.10 points to 862.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vedanta Ltd (NSE: VDAN ), which fell 3.28% or 5.85 points to trade at 172.65 in late trade. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (NSE: BHEL ) declined 1.95% or 4.80 points to end at 240.80 and Tata Power Co. Ltd (NSE: TTPW ) down 1.82% or 1.35 points to 72.75.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Cipla Ltd. (BO: CIPL ) which rose 3.85% to 612.95, TATA STEEL LIMITED (BO: TISC ) which was up 3.62% to settle at 305.10 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which gained 3.15% to close at 860.80.
The worst performers were Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which was down 3.14% to 173.00 in late trade, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BO: BHEL ) which lost 1.91% to settle at 241.20 and Tata Power Co. Ltd (BO: TTPW ) which was down 1.49% to 72.85 at the close.
Rising stocks outnumbered declining ones by 1007 to 426 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 500 rose and 231 declined, while 3 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of S&P CNX Nifty options, was down 2.56% to 16.7275.
Gold for August delivery was down 0.23% or 2.70 to $1178.20 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 1.90% or 1.15 to hit $61.60 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 2.29% or 1.46 to trade at $65.16 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.15% at 95.07.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.