The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P CNX Nifty were Lupin Ltd (NSE: LUPN ), which rose 3.20% or 52.30 points to trade at 1684.25 at the close. State Bank Of India (NSE: SBI ) added 2.31% or 6.50 points to end at 287.45 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NSE: INBK ) was up 2.04% or 16.70 points to 833.35 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bank Of Baroda (NSE: BOB ), which fell 2.67% or 4.40 points to trade at 160.15 in late trade. NTPC Limited (NSE: NTPC ) declined 2.12% or 2.95 points to end at 136.10 and Punjab National Bank (NSE: PNBK ) down 2.12% or 3.20 points to 147.40.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which rose 2.39% to 287.35, Housing Development Finance Corp. (BO: HDFC ) which was up 2.13% to settle at 1234.00 and Bharti Airtel Ltd. (BO: BRTI ) which gained 1.80% to close at 392.45.
The worst performers were NTPC Limited (BO: NTPC ) which was down 2.05% to 136.15 in late trade, Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which lost 2.01% to settle at 210.00 and Coal India Limited (BO: COAL ) which was down 0.91% to 366.15 at the close.
Rising stocks outnumbered declining ones by 784 to 638 and 8 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 366 rose and 319 declined on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of S&P CNX Nifty options, was down 4.28% to 19.8150.
Gold for June delivery was down 0.94% or 11.50 to $1213.70 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.58% or 0.35 to hit $59.53 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.09% or 0.06 to trade at $66.64 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.50% at 93.87.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.