The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P CNX Nifty were Housing Development Finance Corp. (NSE: HDFC ), which rose 2.56% or 32.10 points to trade at 1288.05 at the close. Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (NSE: TCS ) added 2.44% or 62.40 points to end at 2617.90 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NSE: SUN ) was up 2.29% or 22.50 points to 1003.75 in late trade.
Biggest losers included UltraTech Cement Ltd (NSE: ULTC ), which fell 2.91% or 89.20 points to trade at 2975.40 in late trade. State Bank Of India (NSE: SBI ) declined 2.69% or 7.80 points to end at 282.45 and Idea Cellular Ltd (NSE: IDEA ) down 2.56% or 4.40 points to 167.50.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Housing Development Finance Corp. (BO: HDFC ) which rose 2.51% to 1287.50, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was up 2.42% to settle at 2619.55 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which gained 2.29% to close at 1003.30.
The worst performers were State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 2.38% to 282.45 in late trade, Hindalco Industries Ltd. (BO: HALC ) which lost 1.30% to settle at 137.15 and Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which was down 0.67% to 207.45 at the close.
Falling stocks outnumbered advancing ones by 814 to 615 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 404 fell and 293 advanced, while 4 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of S&P CNX Nifty options, was down 2.67% to 16.9475 a new 1-month low.
Gold for June delivery was up 0.71% or 8.60 to $1212.70 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.77% or 0.47 to hit $60.26 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.87% or 0.58 to trade at $65.96 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.48% at 95.00.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.