The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P CNX Nifty were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NSE: INBK ), which rose 3.40% or 27.00 points to trade at 821.55 at the close. Tata Power Co. Ltd (NSE: TTPW ) added 2.85% or 2.05 points to end at 74.10 and Bajaj Auto Limited (NSE: BAJA ) was up 2.52% or 58.75 points to 2391.10 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Idea Cellular Ltd (NSE: IDEA ), which fell 4.04% or 7.10 points to trade at 168.45 in late trade. Cairn India Limited (NSE: CAIL ) declined 3.09% or 5.80 points to end at 181.90 and Vedanta Ltd (NSE: VDAN ) down 1.57% or 2.85 points to 178.50.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Power Co. Ltd (BO: TTPW ) which rose 2.57% to 73.95, Bajaj Auto Limited (BO: BAJA ) which was up 2.44% to settle at 2391.35 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which gained 2.04% to close at 838.70.
The worst performers were Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which was down 1.46% to 178.60 in late trade, Housing Development Finance Corp. (BO: HDFC ) which lost 1.35% to settle at 1198.25 and Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. (BO: REDY ) which was down 1.03% to 3286.00 at the close.
Rising stocks outnumbered declining ones by 740 to 682 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 371 rose and 363 declined, while 2 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of S&P CNX Nifty options, was down 2.04% to 17.1675.
Gold for August delivery was down 0.24% or 2.80 to $1183.00 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.56% or 0.34 to hit $60.34 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.03% or 0.02 to trade at $63.97 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.15% at 95.21.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.