The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P CNX Nifty were Cairn India Limited (NSE: CAIL ), which rose 3.85% or 6.95 points to trade at 187.70 at the close. Idea Cellular Ltd (NSE: IDEA ) added 2.99% or 5.10 points to end at 175.55 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NSE: SUN ) was up 2.97% or 24.15 points to 837.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included POWER GRID CORPORATION OF INDIA (NSE: PGRD ), which fell 2.89% or 4.20 points to trade at 141.20 in late trade. Bank Of Baroda (NSE: BOB ) declined 2.69% or 3.95 points to end at 143.00 and ACC Ltd (NSE: ACC ) down 2.28% or 31.90 points to 1370.25.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which rose 2.95% to 837.75, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was up 2.22% to settle at 1222.35 and Bajaj Auto Limited (BO: BAJA ) which gained 2.13% to close at 2334.30.
The worst performers were Hindalco Industries Ltd. (BO: HALC ) which was down 1.97% to 114.40 in late trade, Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which lost 1.49% to settle at 181.25 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 1.34% to 250.55 at the close.
Rising stocks outnumbered declining ones by 798 to 617 and 15 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 410 rose and 325 declined, while 3 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India Vix , which measures the implied volatility of S&P CNX Nifty options, was up 0.27% to 17.5250.
Gold for August delivery was down 0.31% or 3.70 to $1175.50 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 1.15% or 0.69 to hit $59.70 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.29% or 0.83 to trade at $63.80 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.35% at 95.57.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.