The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ), which rose 16.55% or 24.45 points to trade at 172.45 at the close. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) added 6.44% or 23.50 points to end at 390.20 and JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ) was up 6.68% or 14.65 points to 234.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bharti Infratel Ltd (NS: BHRI ), which lost 9.02% or 19.15 points to trade at 193.15 in late trade. Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) declined 3.30% or 12.30 points to end at 359.90 and UltraTech Cement Ltd (NS: ULTC ) shed 1.55% or 64.90 points to 4117.70.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Motors Ltd DVR (BO: TAMdv ) which rose 18.45% to 79.30, Tata Motors Ltd (BO: TAMO ) which was up 16.63% to settle at 172.55 and Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which gained 7.09% to close at 391.00.
The worst performers were Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was down 3.41% to 359.95 in late trade, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which lost 1.14% to settle at 1575.05 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was down 0.64% to 201.15 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 929 to 646 and 63 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1369 rose and 990 declined, while 188 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 5.36% to 16.4200.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.48% or 7.25 to $1488.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 1.29% or 0.72 to hit $55.09 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 1.67% or 1.03 to trade at $60.54 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.23% to 70.905, while EUR/INR rose 0.08% to 78.5695.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.14% at 97.657.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.