The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bharti Infratel Ltd (NS: BHRI ), which rose 3.55% or 7.85 points to trade at 229.45 at the close. Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ) added 3.41% or 14.60 points to end at 440.60 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) was up 2.76% or 37.00 points to 1381.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ), which lost 7.84% or 47.55 points to trade at 577.70 in late trade. GAIL Ltd (NS: GAIL ) declined 3.55% or 4.85 points to end at 132.10 and Yes Bank Ltd (NS: YESB ) shed 3.57% or 2.45 points to 66.45.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which rose 3.02% to 440.45, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was up 2.88% to settle at 1380.90 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which gained 1.86% to close at 1458.80.
The worst performers were Yes Bank Ltd (BO: YESB ) which was down 3.27% to 66.50 in late trade, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which lost 1.93% to settle at 2137.80 and Tata Motors Ltd DVR (BO: TAMdv ) which was down 1.80% to 78.90 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 811 to 737 and 70 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1274 rose and 1143 declined, while 173 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.60% to 15.2075 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.54% or 8.05 to $1485.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 1.10% or 0.62 to hit $56.97 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.09% or 0.67 to trade at $62.41 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.04% to 70.972, while EUR/INR rose 0.14% to 78.6695.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 97.700.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.