The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bharti Infratel Ltd (NS: BHRI ), which rose 9.71% or 20.25 points to trade at 227.15 at the close. Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) added 9.24% or 33.50 points to end at 393.05 and State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) was up 5.54% or 16.95 points to 321.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (NS: IOC ), which lost 3.87% or 5.30 points to trade at 131.70 in late trade. Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) declined 1.94% or 50.40 points to end at 2543.20 and Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) shed 1.87% or 9.60 points to 506.55.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which rose 8.42% to 393.20, State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was up 5.19% to settle at 322.00 and Tata Motors Ltd DVR (BO: TAMdv ) which gained 1.96% to close at 78.20.
The worst performers were Hero MotoCorp Ltd (BO: HROM ) which was down 1.85% to 2542.85 in late trade, Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which lost 1.43% to settle at 3188.30 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was down 1.38% to 7147.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 883 to 693 and 62 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1392 fell and 1080 advanced, while 155 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.96% to 15.0300 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.51% or 7.55 to $1465.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.42% or 0.24 to hit $56.53 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.75% or 0.47 to trade at $61.81 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.22% to 71.791, while EUR/INR fell 0.20% to 79.1430.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.04% at 98.060.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.