The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ), which rose 4.51% or 23.80 points to trade at 549.05 at the close. Yes Bank Ltd (NS: YESB ) added 2.55% or 1.95 points to end at 79.45 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ) was up 2.95% or 6.05 points to 211.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (NS: TCS ), which lost 1.92% or 42.40 points to trade at 2165.10 in late trade. Vedanta Ltd (NS: VDAN ) declined 1.67% or 2.45 points to end at 144.40 and HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) shed 1.33% or 14.35 points to 1062.75.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Yes Bank Ltd (BO: YESB ) which rose 3.79% to 79.45, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was up 2.85% to settle at 211.25 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which gained 2.74% to close at 5975.15.
The worst performers were Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was down 1.87% to 2163.50 in late trade, Tata Motors Ltd DVR (BO: TAMdv ) which lost 1.57% to settle at 56.40 and Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which was down 1.54% to 144.30 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 840 to 716 and 67 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1261 fell and 1140 advanced, while 136 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 1.77% to 16.6475.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.55% or 8.35 to $1522.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 1.80% or 0.98 to hit $55.45 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 1.79% or 1.04 to trade at $59.27 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 1.00% to 71.075, while EUR/INR fell 1.22% to 78.7550.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 98.127.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.