The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ), which rose 6.16% or 17.70 points to trade at 305.40 at the close. Yes Bank Ltd (NS: YESB ) added 5.73% or 3.95 points to end at 73.00 and Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) was up 2.81% or 14.15 points to 517.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ), which lost 2.37% or 343.30 points to trade at 14108.45 in late trade. Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) declined 2.12% or 56.05 points to end at 2594.00 and Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) shed 2.11% or 4.30 points to 200.15.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Yes Bank Ltd (BO: YESB ) which rose 5.80% to 73.00, Tata Motors Ltd DVR (BO: TAMdv ) which was up 2.44% to settle at 79.65 and Tata Motors Ltd (BO: TAMO ) which gained 1.68% to close at 172.00.
The worst performers were Hero MotoCorp Ltd (BO: HROM ) which was down 2.00% to 2593.15 in late trade, Vedanta Ltd (BO: VDAN ) which lost 1.90% to settle at 152.55 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was down 1.42% to 2099.70 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 782 to 780 and 77 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1232 fell and 1190 advanced, while 167 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 2.49% to 16.2500.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.26% or 3.85 to $1466.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 1.57% or 0.90 to hit $56.34 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.36% or 0.85 to trade at $61.66 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.17% to 71.475, while EUR/INR rose 0.29% to 78.8580.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 98.100.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.