Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Construction and Chemicals sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Media , Utilities and Insurance sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ), which rose 2.38% or 4.05 points to trade at 174.00 at the close. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) added 2.06% or 1.800 points to end at 89.100 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) was up 2.02% or 0.445 points to 22.515 in late trade.
Biggest losers included E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which lost 1.11% or 0.079 points to trade at 7.066 in late trade. Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) declined 0.67% or 0.275 points to end at 40.780 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) shed 0.56% or 0.520 points to 92.520.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (F: OSRn ) which rose 4.11% to 66.391, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was up 3.87% to settle at 15.85 and K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which gained 3.30% to close at 22.680.
The worst performers were Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was down 2.40% to 71.060 in late trade, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which lost 1.59% to settle at 93.000 and MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which was down 1.46% to 132.00 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which rose 1.95% to 45.160, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 1.20% to settle at 43.000 and Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which gained 1.16% to close at 9.840.
The worst performers were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 6.97% to 4.295 in late trade, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which lost 5.34% to settle at 207.30 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 3.05% to 10.790 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 420 to 363 and 18 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 6.29% to 15.45.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.04% or 0.45 to $1229.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 1.27% or 0.58 to hit $46.10 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.12% or 0.54 to trade at $48.92 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.13% to 1.0998, while EUR/GBP fell 0.12% to 0.8489.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 98.50.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.