Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Media , Technology and Construction sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Utilities , Basic Resources and Chemicals sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which rose 0.69% or 0.450 points to trade at 65.710 at the close. Adidas AG NA O.N. (DE: ADSGN ) added 0.65% or 0.700 points to end at 107.850 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 0.64% or 0.080 points to 12.570 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 4.32% or 0.725 points to trade at 16.075 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 3.94% or 0.855 points to end at 20.830 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) shed 2.84% or 0.264 points to 9.045.
The top performers on the MDAX were Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which rose 4.86% to 45.050, Deutsche Euroshop AG O.N. (DE: DEQGn ) which was up 1.71% to settle at 40.515 and Kuka AG (DE: KU2G ) which gained 1.54% to close at 92.820.
The worst performers were Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which was down 3.61% to 33.400 in late trade, Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which lost 2.70% to settle at 38.975 and Salzgitter AG O.N. (DE: SZGG ) which was down 1.98% to 29.715 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 4.12% to 45.830, Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was up 2.93% to settle at 9.665 and Jenoptik AG O.N. (DE: JENG ) which gained 2.02% to close at 14.110.
The worst performers were CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was down 2.56% to 34.600 in late trade, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 1.49% to settle at 4.108 and Bechtle AG O.N. (DE: BC8G ) which was down 1.45% to 90.160 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 516 to 373 and 35 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 4.65% to 20.04.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was up 0.92% or 11.35 to $1241.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 1.65% or 0.72 to hit $43.01 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.98% or 0.44 to trade at $44.63 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.39% to 1.1267, while EUR/GBP fell 0.05% to 0.7780.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.39% at 94.74.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.