Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX down 0.17%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Retail , Technology and Basic Resources sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Construction , Chemicals and Utilities sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX fell 0.17%, while the MDAX index gained 0.12%, and the TecDAX index added 0.88%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Lufthansa AG VNA O.N. (DE: LHAG ), which rose 2.46% or 0.410 points to trade at 17.060 at the close. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) added 2.31% or 0.540 points to end at 23.960 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) was up 1.13% or 0.920 points to 82.500 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 0.86% or 0.083 points to trade at 9.527 in late trade. Siemens AG (DE: SIEGn ) declined 0.79% or 1.00 points to end at 125.95 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 0.76% or 0.90 points to 116.75.
The top performers on the MDAX were Brenntag AG (DE: BNRGn ) which rose 2.38% to 52.550, Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was up 1.48% to settle at 42.49 and Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which gained 1.23% to close at 86.650.
The worst performers were Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which was down 2.64% to 35.070 in late trade, Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which lost 1.57% to settle at 63.42 and Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 1.26% to 49.855 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 6.49% to 82.190, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 5.92% to settle at 5.995 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 2.44% to close at 24.995.
The worst performers were S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which was down 0.23% to 13.030 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 0.70% to settle at 43.000 and GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 0.43% to 20.605 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 370 to 276 and 30 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.15% to 13.08.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.26% or 3.28 to $1256.38 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 4.71% or 2.42 to hit $48.94 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 4.45% or 2.40 to trade at $51.56 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.02% to 1.1221, while EUR/GBP rose 0.12% to 0.8662.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 97.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or