Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX down 0.13%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Retail , Consumer & Cyclical and Technology sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Food & Beverages , Basic Resources and Construction sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX lost 0.13%, while the MDAX index gained 0.17%, and the TecDAX index gained 0.96%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 5.83% or 0.457 points to trade at 8.294 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 2.13% or 0.380 points to end at 18.260 and Deutsche Boerse AG Z.UMT. (DE: DB11 ) was up 1.32% or 1.04 points to 80.08 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which lost 1.85% or 0.60 points to trade at 32.05 in late trade. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) declined 1.05% or 0.890 points to end at 83.540 and Lufthansa AG VNA O.N. (DE: LHAG ) shed 1.04% or 0.150 points to 14.340.
The top performers on the MDAX were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which rose 2.74% to 36.78, GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was up 2.72% to settle at 38.550 and STADA Arzneimittel VNA O.N. (DE: STAGn ) which gained 2.07% to close at 57.750.
The worst performers were RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which was down 2.22% to 73.440 in late trade, Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which lost 1.54% to settle at 37.740 and Deutsche Wohnen AG Inh (DE: DWNG ) which was down 1.38% to 31.065 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 8.71% to 8.400, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was up 4.20% to settle at 47.765 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which gained 3.89% to close at 47.560.
The worst performers were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 3.73% to 58.130 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 0.84% to settle at 27.260 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 0.70% to 12.055 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 373 to 365 and 29 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.63% to 14.62.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.33% or 3.95 to $1199.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.85% or 0.42 to hit $48.86 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.88% or 0.46 to trade at $51.73 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.86% to 1.0667, while EUR/GBP rose 0.92% to 0.8773.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.53% at 101.44.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or