Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Retail and Basic Resources sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Construction , Insurance and Telecoms sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which rose 1.46% or 2.10 points to trade at 145.45 at the close. BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) added 1.23% or 1.020 points to end at 83.720 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) was up 0.73% or 0.620 points to 85.940 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 1.20% or 0.135 points to trade at 11.130 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 0.97% or 0.260 points to end at 26.565 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 0.91% or 0.150 points to 16.370.
The top performers on the MDAX were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which rose 4.50% to 54.560, Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was up 4.17% to settle at 9.839 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which gained 3.21% to close at 38.250.
The worst performers were Innogy SE (DE: IGY ) which was down 1.33% to 35.885 in late trade, Airbus Group SE (F: AIRG ) which lost 0.90% to settle at 74.413 and Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which was down 0.82% to 108.80 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 5.69% to 29.920, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 1.65% to settle at 54.810 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which gained 1.45% to close at 95.760.
The worst performers were GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 2.80% to 14.950 in late trade, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which lost 1.63% to settle at 14.150 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was down 1.57% to 238.30 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 387 to 371 and 30 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.64% to 12.34.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.88% or 10.66 to $1227.96 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.89% or 0.41 to hit $46.49 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.93% or 0.45 to trade at $48.87 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.49% to 1.1454, while EUR/GBP fell 0.58% to 0.8758.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.55% at 95.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.