Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Chemicals and Construction sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Food & Beverages , Retail and Consumer & Cyclical sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which rose 4.81% or 1.890 points to trade at 41.180 at the close. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) added 4.52% or 0.525 points to end at 12.135 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 4.45% or 0.266 points to 6.241 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which lost 0.96% or 1.000 points to trade at 103.400 in late trade. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) declined 0.46% or 1.20 points to end at 258.00 and SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) shed 0.07% or 0.080 points to 111.140.
The top performers on the MDAX were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which rose 7.87% to 14.050, Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which was up 5.58% to settle at 47.150 and Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which gained 5.44% to close at 43.42.
The worst performers were Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 2.72% to 168.300 in late trade, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which lost 2.47% to settle at 82.7500 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 2.07% to 21.280 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which rose 5.25% to 34.48, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 4.64% to settle at 27.540 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 3.22% to close at 62.200.
The worst performers were Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 2.72% to 168.300 in late trade, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which lost 2.47% to settle at 82.750 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 2.07% to 21.280 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 457 to 217 and 93 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 5.24% to 16.82.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.03% or 0.45 to $1328.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.36% or 0.19 to hit $53.44 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.85% or 0.52 to trade at $61.80 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.08% to 1.1248, while EUR/GBP fell 0.07% to 0.8868.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.05% at 97.113.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.