Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Transportation & Logistics and Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Technology , Utilities and Software sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which rose 4.97% or 2.320 points to trade at 49.000 at the close. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) added 4.53% or 3.060 points to end at 70.540 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) was up 4.17% or 5.80 points to 144.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 4.99% or 6.000 points to trade at 114.250 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 0.50% or 0.22 points to end at 43.93 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 0.38% or 0.075 points to 19.695.
The top performers on the MDAX were RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which rose 4.04% to 48.900, Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which was up 3.53% to settle at 64.550 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which gained 3.45% to close at 25.770.
The worst performers were Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 4.05% to 147.000 in late trade, MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which lost 2.50% to settle at 191.20 and Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 1.95% to 39.18 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which rose 10.02% to 31.30, Takkt AG O.N. (DE: TTKG ) which was up 5.21% to settle at 15.760 and Hornbach Holding VZO O.N. (DE: HBH ) which gained 4.86% to close at 47.450.
The worst performers were Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which was down 4.59% to 1.87 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 4.00% to settle at 25.6500 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 3.71% to 9.5120 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 407 to 290 and 82 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.15% to 16.80.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.29% or 3.95 to $1348.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 1.75% or 0.99 to hit $57.44 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 1.25% or 0.83 to trade at $67.28 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.26% to 1.1369, while EUR/GBP rose 0.05% to 0.8683.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 96.140.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.