Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX up 0.75%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Chemicals and Consumer & Cyclical sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Utilities , Construction and Telecoms sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX gained 0.75%, while the MDAX index lost 0.02%, and the TecDAX index gained 0.26%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ), which rose 3.17% or 1.980 points to trade at 64.400 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 1.63% or 2.10 points to end at 131.20 and Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) was up 1.57% or 1.260 points to 81.760 in late trade.
Biggest losers included E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which lost 1.47% or 0.140 points to trade at 9.398 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 0.34% or 0.085 points to end at 25.065 and Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) shed 0.28% or 0.230 points to 80.920.
The top performers on the MDAX were Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which rose 3.80% to 74.010, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was up 1.15% to settle at 100.000 and Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which gained 1.02% to close at 33.125.
The worst performers were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 2.32% to 12.02 in late trade, Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which lost 1.26% to settle at 97.57 and Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which was down 1.08% to 147.05 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Software AG O.N. (DE: SOWG ) which rose 4.82% to 38.785, Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which was up 4.34% to settle at 33.55 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 2.98% to close at 63.500.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 3.67% to 10.505 in late trade, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which lost 1.41% to settle at 56.760 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 1.10% to 88.170 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 381 to 358 and 52 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.67% to 16.22.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.01% or 0.11 to $1344.61 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 1.17% or 0.57 to hit $49.23 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 1.26% or 0.67 to trade at $54.05 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.21% to 1.1938, while EUR/GBP fell 0.05% to 0.9136.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.28% at 92.02.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or