Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare , Food & Beverages and Financial Services sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Basic Resources , Media and Technology sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which rose 3.31% or 3.50 points to trade at 109.22 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 2.83% or 1.900 points to end at 69.100 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) was up 2.81% or 2.780 points to 101.700 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ), which lost 1.02% or 0.980 points to trade at 95.280 in late trade. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) declined 0.66% or 1.24 points to end at 187.26 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) shed 0.56% or 0.170 points to 30.150.
The top performers on the MDAX were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which rose 3.03% to 11.550, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was up 2.88% to settle at 62.600 and Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which gained 1.92% to close at 16.205.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 3.19% to 0.51 in late trade, Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which lost 1.90% to settle at 56.80 and Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which was down 1.70% to 72.760 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 4.65% to 84.450, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 2.32% to settle at 83.950 and Qiagen NV (DE: QGEN ) which gained 1.64% to close at 27.340.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 4.06% to 36.400 in late trade, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which lost 3.67% to settle at 103.800 and Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 2.22% to 12.530 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 424 to 279 and 109 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.14% to 12.77.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.40% or 5.30 to $1337.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.29% or 0.82 to hit $64.39 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.13% or 0.78 to trade at $69.81 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.19% to 1.2285, while EUR/GBP rose 0.22% to 0.8787.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.16% at 90.01.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.