Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Insurance sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Technology , Chemicals and Construction sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 10.66% or 2.140 points to trade at 22.210 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 1.69% or 2.56 points to end at 153.86 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) was up 1.56% or 1.19 points to 77.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 3.63% or 0.800 points to trade at 21.240 in late trade. Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) declined 3.16% or 2.300 points to end at 70.380 and Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) shed 0.90% or 0.620 points to 67.900.
The top performers on the MDAX were Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which rose 3.69% to 52.050, Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was up 2.34% to settle at 6.214 and CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which gained 2.12% to close at 38.540.
The worst performers were Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which was down 3.76% to 48.94 in late trade, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which lost 3.14% to settle at 109.45 and Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was down 2.71% to 41.70 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which rose 3.25% to 44.50, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 2.41% to settle at 42.500 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which gained 1.27% to close at 3.513.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 22.37% to 22.000 in late trade, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 8.14% to settle at 9.002 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 5.54% to 127.800 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 374 to 323 and 81 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.84% to 13.95.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.94% or 11.30 to $1187.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.82% or 0.59 to hit $72.16 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.67% or 0.54 to trade at $81.33 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.53% to 1.1678, while EUR/GBP fell 0.08% to 0.8909.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.53% at 94.38.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.