Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Transportation & Logistics , Chemicals and Consumer & Cyclical sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Food & Beverages , Technology and Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ), which rose 4.28% or 2.770 points to trade at 67.560 at the close. Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) added 1.81% or 0.480 points to end at 27.050 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) was up 1.72% or 2.000 points to 118.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which lost 2.78% or 1.960 points to trade at 68.620 in late trade. Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) declined 2.50% or 1.250 points to end at 48.720 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 1.76% or 0.355 points to 19.815.
The top performers on the MDAX were Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which rose 2.01% to 60.950, Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which was up 1.76% to settle at 26.560 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which gained 1.66% to close at 128.700.
The worst performers were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 4.13% to 22.740 in late trade, Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which lost 4.03% to settle at 26.660 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was down 2.82% to 15.5000 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which rose 2.94% to 298.00, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was up 2.10% to settle at 9.730 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 1.85% to close at 27.0300.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 13.49% to 8.4240 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 2.45% to settle at 22.300 and Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 1.98% to 32.25 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 362 to 345 and 73 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.06% to 15.71.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.09% or 1.15 to $1328.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $55.48 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.54% or 0.35 to trade at $65.26 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.14% to 1.1374, while EUR/GBP fell 0.94% to 0.8589.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.23% at 96.045.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.