Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Software and Basic Resources sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Retail , Chemicals and Industrials sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were SAP SE (DE: SAPG ), which rose 1.72% or 1.760 points to trade at 103.800 at the close. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) added 1.16% or 0.099 points to end at 8.641 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) was up 1.03% or 0.200 points to 19.645 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 2.54% or 0.460 points to trade at 17.670 in late trade. Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) declined 2.10% or 1.400 points to end at 65.360 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) shed 1.25% or 0.930 points to 73.290.
The top performers on the MDAX were Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which rose 4.59% to 444.00, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was up 2.32% to settle at 33.13 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which gained 1.63% to close at 10.08.
The worst performers were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 18.19% to 4.670 in late trade, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which lost 3.88% to settle at 47.080 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was down 3.16% to 28.760 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which rose 9.47% to 182.300, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 5.32% to settle at 19.600 and Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which gained 3.77% to close at 41.25.
The worst performers were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 4.21% to 15.470 in late trade, Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which lost 4.02% to settle at 34.360 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 3.63% to 16.44 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 389 to 306 and 81 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was unchanged 0.00% to 16.85.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.23% or 2.70 to $1191.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.66% or 0.49 to hit $74.78 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.93% or 0.78 to trade at $84.69 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.10% to 1.1481, while EUR/GBP fell 0.44% to 0.8740.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 95.46.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.