Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Utilities , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Financial Services sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Technology , Food & Beverages and Retail sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which rose 2.04% or 0.181 points to trade at 9.072 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 1.54% or 0.960 points to end at 63.340 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) was up 1.17% or 1.15 points to 99.28 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 2.26% or 0.500 points to trade at 21.600 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 1.59% or 0.390 points to end at 24.170 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 1.25% or 0.270 points to 21.280.
The top performers on the MDAX were K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which rose 2.61% to 24.410, CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which was up 1.94% to settle at 38.840 and Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which gained 1.78% to close at 25.670.
The worst performers were Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 1.75% to 45.570 in late trade, Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which lost 1.38% to settle at 68.100 and Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which was down 1.24% to 67.600 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 6.70% to 21.980, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was up 3.88% to settle at 33.50 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 2.24% to close at 127.800.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 8.48% to 11.852 in late trade, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which lost 4.52% to settle at 61.200 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 3.02% to 13.470 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 412 to 277 and 85 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.29% to 15.68.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.45% or 5.90 to $1317.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.38% or 0.26 to hit $68.36 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.03% or 0.76 to trade at $74.55 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.44% to 1.2078, while EUR/GBP fell 0.15% to 0.8788.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.35% at 91.63.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.