Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Financial Services and Construction sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Basic Resources , Retail and Media sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 1.91% or 0.76 points to trade at 40.62 at the close. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) added 1.56% or 1.400 points to end at 91.330 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) was up 0.95% or 0.210 points to 22.340 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 1.85% or 0.500 points to trade at 26.490 in late trade. Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) declined 1.55% or 0.460 points to end at 29.140 and Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ) shed 1.08% or 1.80 points to 165.00.
The top performers on the MDAX were Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which rose 2.65% to 14.350, Gerresheimer AG (BS: GXId ) which was up 2.62% to settle at 66.750 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which gained 2.17% to close at 61.150.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 9.39% to 0.15 in late trade, Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which lost 5.83% to settle at 110.600 and Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 2.89% to 67.200 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 5.63% to 20.820, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 2.71% to settle at 9.314 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 2.08% to close at 127.400.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 3.83% to 49.000 in late trade, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which lost 1.77% to settle at 14.665 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 1.23% to 13.680 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 408 to 277 and 92 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.70% to 16.79.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.54% or 7.20 to $1349.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.85% or 0.57 to hit $67.64 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.12% or 0.81 to trade at $72.83 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.02% to 1.2324, while EUR/GBP fell 0.21% to 0.8645.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 89.52.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.