Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Technology and Chemicals sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Retail , Financial Services and Software sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 3.48% or 0.650 points to trade at 19.355 at the close. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) added 2.46% or 0.210 points to end at 8.750 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 1.98% or 0.189 points to 9.720 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which lost 2.35% or 2.10 points to trade at 87.34 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 1.99% or 0.385 points to end at 18.930 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) shed 1.60% or 0.70 points to 43.06.
The top performers on the MDAX were Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which rose 5.21% to 31.500, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was up 2.45% to settle at 34.640 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which gained 2.35% to close at 10.87.
The worst performers were Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which was down 5.39% to 75.500 in late trade, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which lost 3.18% to settle at 45.00 and Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which was down 3.02% to 433.00 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which rose 4.76% to 19.700, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 1.73% to settle at 41.100 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 1.73% to close at 27.100.
The worst performers were Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 2.85% to 146.700 in late trade, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which lost 2.80% to settle at 180.700 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 2.38% to 12.740 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 361 to 316 and 102 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 5.66% to 15.44.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.31% or 3.80 to $1207.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 2.37% or 1.67 to hit $68.70 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 1.69% or 1.35 to trade at $78.39 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.39% to 1.1671, while EUR/GBP fell 0.07% to 0.8905.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.19% at 94.64.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.