Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Technology and Retail sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Insurance , Telecoms and Basic Resources sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which rose 2.37% or 2.18 points to trade at 94.26 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 1.85% or 2.35 points to end at 129.10 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) was up 1.76% or 2.00 points to 115.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 2.65% or 0.275 points to trade at 10.105 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 1.89% or 0.255 points to end at 13.215 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) shed 1.34% or 2.30 points to 169.35.
The top performers on the MDAX were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which rose 3.84% to 12.30, Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was up 2.21% to settle at 4.16 and Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which gained 2.16% to close at 54.000.
The worst performers were Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which was down 3.57% to 61.810 in late trade, Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which lost 2.25% to settle at 63.970 and Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which was down 2.11% to 98.82 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which rose 4.71% to 5.340, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 4.30% to settle at 8.585 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 3.85% to close at 84.240.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 3.42% to 13.425 in late trade, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which lost 3.07% to settle at 10.905 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 0.93% to 38.480 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 375 to 361 and 51 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.99% to 16.66.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.91% or 12.09 to $1342.49 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 3.28% or 1.55 to hit $48.84 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 2.20% or 1.15 to trade at $53.49 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.18% to 1.1917, while EUR/GBP fell 0.60% to 0.9147.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.35% at 92.25.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.