Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX up 0.14%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Consumer & Cyclical and Transportation & Logistics sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Financial Services , Utilities and Retail sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX gained 0.14%, while the MDAX index fell 0.59%, and the TecDAX index fell 0.80%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 7.23% or 0.845 points to trade at 12.540 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 3.80% or 0.238 points to end at 6.498 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was up 2.93% or 7.70 points to 270.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 1.95% or 0.430 points to trade at 21.640 in late trade. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) declined 1.74% or 1.850 points to end at 104.300 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) shed 1.65% or 2.450 points to 146.300.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which rose 5.54% to 29.55, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was up 3.14% to settle at 14.115 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 2.19% to close at 59.740.
The worst performers were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 4.83% to 82.8000 in late trade, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which lost 4.10% to settle at 34.180 and Brenntag AG (DE: BNRGn ) which was down 3.63% to 41.400 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 5.11% to 16.870, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was up 3.97% to settle at 11.00 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which gained 2.36% to close at 20.42.
The worst performers were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 5.07% to 82.900 in late trade, Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which lost 2.21% to settle at 29.160 and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was down 2.20% to 84.350 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 378 to 320 and 78 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.13% to 15.17.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.33% or 4.65 to $1414.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 2.80% or 1.62 to hit $59.45 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 2.15% or 1.38 to trade at $65.66 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.13% to 1.1380, while EUR/GBP rose 0.11% to 0.8962.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.02% at 95.632.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or