Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX up 0.14%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Consumer & Cyclical , Utilities and Construction sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Chemicals , Media and Food & Beverages sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX rose 0.14%, while the MDAX index lost 0.71%, and the TecDAX index lost 0.57%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which rose 11.18% or 18.90 points to trade at 187.90 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 4.43% or 0.845 points to end at 19.920 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) was up 1.41% or 2.18 points to 156.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 1.79% or 0.216 points to trade at 11.884 in late trade. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) declined 1.11% or 0.920 points to end at 82.240 and Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ) shed 1.00% or 1.80 points to 178.80.
The top performers on the MDAX were Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which rose 4.98% to 153.90, Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which was up 2.52% to settle at 107.650 and CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which gained 1.18% to close at 41.000.
The worst performers were Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which was down 7.29% to 67.450 in late trade, Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which lost 5.16% to settle at 62.160 and Brenntag AG (DE: BNRGn ) which was down 5.01% to 49.300 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 2.32% to 17.610, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was up 2.04% to settle at 120.300 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which gained 1.23% to close at 32.95.
The worst performers were GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 3.06% to 14.550 in late trade, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 2.09% to settle at 17.540 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 2.05% to 54.850 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 431 to 279 and 83 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.51% to 18.40.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.14% or 1.90 to $1325.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $60.69 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.14% or 0.09 to trade at $64.55 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.15% to 1.2373, while EUR/GBP fell 0.10% to 0.8864.
The US Dollar Index Futures was unchanged 0.00% at 89.70.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or