Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Transportation & Logistics , Utilities and Food & Beverages sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Basic Resources , Telecoms and Media sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Lufthansa AG VNA O.N. (DE: LHAG ), which rose 4.73% or 0.930 points to trade at 20.590 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 2.29% or 0.440 points to end at 19.650 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) was up 1.52% or 1.180 points to 79.010 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which lost 1.49% or 0.520 points to trade at 34.280 in late trade. Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) declined 0.92% or 1.05 points to end at 113.45 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 0.72% or 0.190 points to 26.060.
The top performers on the MDAX were Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which rose 4.98% to 35.400, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was up 3.09% to settle at 11.85 and Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which gained 1.55% to close at 88.700.
The worst performers were K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which was down 5.36% to 20.655 in late trade, Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which lost 2.96% to settle at 37.660 and Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which was down 1.64% to 62.560 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 3.93% to 35.670, Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which was up 2.89% to settle at 31.38 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which gained 2.44% to close at 58.660.
The worst performers were S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which was down 1.36% to 16.915 in late trade, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which lost 1.34% to settle at 55.250 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was down 1.21% to 253.50 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 401 to 354 and 32 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.47% to 14.67.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.87% or 11.19 to $1279.21 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.17% or 0.08 to hit $47.51 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 0.24% or 0.12 to trade at $50.61 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.41% to 1.1732, while EUR/GBP rose 0.41% to 0.9124.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.44% at 93.75.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.