Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare , Media and Construction sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Basic Resources , Utilities and Software sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which rose 3.76% or 2.23 points to trade at 61.57 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 3.68% or 5.70 points to end at 160.74 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) was up 1.69% or 0.75 points to 45.22 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ), which lost 4.57% or 10.20 points to trade at 212.80 in late trade. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) declined 2.66% or 3.550 points to end at 130.150 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 1.99% or 0.970 points to 47.780.
The top performers on the MDAX were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which rose 5.27% to 14.7750, RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which was up 2.40% to settle at 51.300 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which gained 1.63% to close at 21.2400.
The worst performers were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 7.66% to 151.900 in late trade, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which lost 4.82% to settle at 19.550 and Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was down 4.11% to 60.700 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 2.15% to 9.030, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 1.87% to settle at 20.660 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which gained 1.63% to close at 21.240.
The worst performers were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 7.66% to 151.900 in late trade, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which lost 5.26% to settle at 33.350 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 4.63% to 16.690 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 429 to 282 and 67 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 4.32% to 14.74.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.95% or 12.25 to $1271.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 3.73% or 2.37 to hit $61.23 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 2.96% or 2.14 to trade at $70.04 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.15% to 1.1178, while EUR/GBP rose 0.04% to 0.8581.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.16% at 97.562.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.